A prom updos for long hair is a hairstyle that is specifically designed for long hair for a prom or formal event. It is usually an elegant and sophisticated hairstyle that involves pulling the hair up and away from the face and neck, and often includes twists, braids, curls, or buns.
Prom updos for long hair can be done in a variety of styles, from classic and traditional to modern and trendy, and can be customized to suit the individual’s face shape, dress style, and personal preferences. They can be created by a professional hairstylist or by the individual themselves, using various hair styling tools and products.
- Quick and Easy Braided Hairstyles For 2023
- The Karen Haircut: A Controversial Style that Captivates Pop Culture
- A Detailed Guide To The Wolf Cut Hairstyles For Men
Video Compilation 30 Best Prom Updos For Long Hair
There are many beautiful prom updos for long hair that you can choose from. Here are some popular options:
- Braided Updo: Create a fishtail braid and wrap it around your head, securing with bobby pins. You can also add smaller braids for a more intricate look.
- Chignon: Gather your hair into a low ponytail and twist it into a bun, securing with bobby pins. This classic look is elegant and timeless.
- Half Up Half Down: Take the top section of your hair and pull it back into a half-up style, leaving the rest of your hair down. You can add braids, twists, or curls for added texture.
- Messy Bun: Pull your hair back into a high ponytail and twist it into a messy bun. Leave a few strands of hair out for a relaxed, bohemian vibe.
- Side Swept Updo: Gather your hair to one side and twist it into a low chignon or bun. This asymmetrical look is sophisticated and glamorous.
- Crown Braid: Create a Dutch braid around your head, starting at one ear and finishing at the other. You can leave the rest of your hair down or pull it back into a low ponytail.
- Curly Updo: Curl your hair with a curling iron or wand and pull it back into a low bun or chignon. This romantic look is perfect for prom.
Remember to use bobby pins, hair ties, and hairspray to keep your updo in place all night long. And don’t be afraid to add accessories like hair clips, flowers, or sparkly pins to make your updo even more special.
Prom Updos For Long Hair Tutorial
Creating a prom updo for long hair can seem like a daunting task, but with a little practice and patience, you can achieve a beautiful and sophisticated look that will be perfect for your prom or formal event. Here is a step-by-step tutorial for a simple yet elegant updo for long hair:
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair, then blow-drying it to create volume.
- Section your hair by creating a part down the middle and then parting it again from ear to ear.
- Take the top section of your hair and tease it lightly to create volume at the crown.
- Smooth the teased section of hair back, then twist it into a loose bun and secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the left section of your hair and twist it loosely towards the back of your head. Pin it in place with bobby pins, tucking the ends of the twist into the bun.
- Repeat step 5 with the right section of your hair, twisting it towards the back of your head and pinning it in place.
- Use your fingers to gently loosen the twists and create a more natural, messy look.
- Finish the look with a light mist of hairspray to hold the updo in place.
Optional: You can add accessories like hair pins, flowers, or a decorative comb to make your updo more special.
There are many other prom updos for long hair that you can try, so don’t be afraid to experiment and find the one that suits you best. You can also look for tutorials online or consult with a professional hairstylist for more guidance and inspiration.